I lost an hour overnight. Just like nearly everyone else. Now I’m trying to sync up my life with the time change. And it’s not going well.
I am still unsure as to why we have Daylight SavingS Time. Animals don’t use it. In fact, our dog is rather confused that his dinner is going to be served at a different time today. He won’t complain. But starting Monday- he’ll have to accept that he is waking an hour earlier than he was for the past six months.
Not to mention that going to sleep tonight is going to be rough on most people. I’m already feeling it. But that’s because I have to get a nap in prior to my night shift. But my body/brain doesn’t want to count that loss of an hour. Time to force the sleep in seven easy steps:
- Put down phone.
- Lay down and remain still.
- Close my eyes.
- Breathe in for a count of four.
- Hold breath for a count of eight.
- Exhale for a count of seven.
- Repeat breathing exercises until I fall asleep. Usually 4-5 tries.