December 1st is coming up. That means it’s time start the annual Whamageddon Challenge.
This game has been going on since roughly 2010 according to Wikipedia. The rules are pretty simple:
Seems fairly straightforward. I have yet to make it to December 24th. I’m trying to get all the listenings in of the song already before the game starts. The easiest way to win would be to avoid all Christmas Music Stations. But I enjoy Christmas Music and shops may have a way of catching you off guard. Because as soon as you recognize the song- you lose.
Let’s do this people! See how long you last.
- The player must go as long as possible without hearing Wham!’s Christmas song, “Last Christmas”
- The game starts on the 1st of December and ends midnight of the 24th of December
- Only the original version of “Last Christmas” applies, the player can listen to remixes and covers of the song
- The player is out as soon as they recognise the original version of the song
- The player must post “#Whamageddon” on social media as soon as they lose the game