This upcoming weekend is the only Anime Convention we do. It’s a local Vancouver one and is run really well. We have been loyal to this convention for a few years and even did the winter one that they put on. If you are in the Vancouver area this weekend, stop by Anime Revolution. We will be at Booth 301. (Side note: It just so happens that there are 2 Pokestops nearby us as well!)
- They only draw in a few thousand attendees.
- Most anime lovers are students with little to no money. (We are a business and still need to make money)
- It is strictly anime. Not comics, mainstream movies or videogames.
- Our travel expenses exceed the earnings we would be capable of.
- Most anime conventions are held in Universities or Colleges. This means they cater to those students who are usually there to watch movies.
Those reasons aside AniRevo is an anomaly in the fact that we make a profit at it. My wife also has a fan base here that stop by regularly to buy her products. AniRevo is also becoming larger every year and it’s nice that we’ve been a part of it from the beginning. It is held in the Vancouver Convention Centre East Wing and not at a university. This alone shows their growth and potential for years to come.
People in the Vancouver area love anime. Vancouver is a major hub located in the Pacifc Rim with a huge Asian influence. Because of the diversity of Vancouver we get to experience more of what the world has to offer than most.
We have made numerous friends at these shows. From vendors to artists to customers. It’s a great feeling to be locally recognized and supported. That’s a major reason we do this con as well. We love to show our support. Having this as our only Anime Convention is like us remembering our roots and where we started from.
Feel free to stop by this weekend or visit Ningen Headwear to see what we have to offer.